Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Beginner Shred Days 2-3

Day 2

Wasn't feeling well for Fri and the weekend, so I took it easy. I did notice some muscle burn on Fri, it felt good and it was nice to know at I had used those muscles. :)
 I feel like I did better today, even with my stomach feeling a little weird. Got really warm and sweated today too, maybe because I was working harder, it's also warmer out too. I made it through the warmup and the first round of strength training ex before needing a break. I was using 3 pound weights and doing the advanced versions of the LE ex. I need to rest before the cardio interval and after it, because I didn't want the second set of strength exercises to not be good form just because I was out of breath. My heart rate felt really high as well. For the second round of exercises I'm still struggling with the push ups including my form. I have trouble knowing where my hands should be. I don't quite understand that yet. I did get 6 the first set and about 4-5 the second set. The ab exercises I was able to do the regular version of bicycle crunches and the squirms the whole time both sets! I also added the crunch during the overhead and leg lift thing. Forget what it's called. Overall felt much better about myself this time around. :) my arms feel a bit like jello now. Can't wait to see how they feel tomorrow. Haha. Really hoping to do this ex video again tomorrow. My goal is 5x/week and add in some walking, esp when the weather starts getting warmer, which is soon I hope! :)

**********


Day 3

I felt much stronger today doing some of the exercises! I managed to make it through the first set of cardio before needing a rest break...but then needed 3-4 breaks after that. I did 10 push-ups the first round and 10 push-ups the second round! I was so proud of myself. I finally figured out where my hands go too, which helped. I wasn't sure I could do the first ten, but was very proud, and then for the second round I told myself I needed to do at least five and so when I got to five and felt okay I thought why not see how far I could go! I probably could have eked out one more, but they were moving on to the next ex. I used the five pound weights more today including for the triceps kick backs, and was able to use the two pounders for the chair squat with anterior raises. (I paid attention to day to see what she called those arm raises.) Again I was able to do all the LE exercises at the advanced level as well as the ab work on the last part of the DVD. I'm still only doing the plank on my knees though, that's really tough for me, esp when I'm doing the advanced bicycle crunches and those stinkin' squirms. I hate the squirms, they're painful, but at the same time I love them because I can tell those muscles really need the work! Proud of myself for doing this 2 days in a row. After the first set of exercises are done I feel like the time really flies. Looking forward to tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment